Welcome to ARK Homes London:
ARK Homes London agents love what they do and pride themselves on having a unique perspective on the entire process of matching people with homes. From the little things we see that others miss, to the neighbourhoods we know like the back of our hands. Because where others see customers, we see people and where others see houses, we see homes. Our business model means each and every agent is an established and independent professional in their neighbourhood, making us uniquely positioned to offer you, our clients, a more in-depth and insightful experience.
We are one of the leading Estate agents in East London. ARK Homes London is well reputed and trusted name in this area. We are currently based in East London and are the most reputed and trusted name in this area. ARK Homes London strength is that around 60% of its business comes from its existing clientèle and around 40% of our clients are from East London.
We will be obliged to serve you the best as you deserve the best. We await your valuable footsteps at our office.
For a Free Valuation Contact us Today.
Our objective is always to achieve complete client satisfaction by meeting their needs whilst providing a high standard of service, thereby building long-term relationships with our clients. We believe in the traditional values of professionalism, integrity and personal commitment. We employ the latest marketing, IT and promotional technology to ensure that all properties are given the best possible exposure to the market. Whilst applicants looking to rent or buy can access our registers via the internet at all times, our staff are here to provide valuable support, inside knowledge and local information, and will be in regular contact, demonstrating their persistence and personal commitment to meeting the clients needs.
Term – The minimum letting period for the properties we let is six months. However, a typical tenancy will be for an initial period of one year, though it is common for the agreement to have a “break clause” allowing the tenant and the landlord to terminate the tenancy at some point after six months has elapsed. A typical notice period for a tenant to terminate their tenancy is one month. Legally, a landlord has to give a tenant a minimum of one month notice.
Payment of Intent – A sum, normally equivalent to one week’s rent will be collected to show your intent to proceed with a tenancy and in this respect we will make the necessary arrangements, subject to contract, for the commencement of this proposed tenancy. This fee will be credited against the initial payment.
Initial Payment – Prior to the commencement of any tenancy, we require the following payment to be made:
- One Month Rent – This is calculated on a calendar month basis, by multiplying the weekly rent by 52 and dividing by 12. However please note that in cases where we are unable to reference the tenant or no suitable guarantees are available a different payment regime may be required.
- Security Deposit – One Month Deposit , This is held against any breakages, missing items or damages over and above normal wear and tear. It is returned at the end of the tenancy, less any appropriate deductions. All deposits taken on an Assured Short-hold Tenancy are held according to the terms of the Tenant Deposit Scheme.
- Agreement Fee – We charge a fee for processing a prospective tenant’s application. Should our initial enquiries necessitate additional checks then further charges will be incurred. Please ask our staff for details.
Renewal of Tenancy Fee – If you decide to renew your tenancy agreement after the initial term, there will be a further charge of £150 for the preparation of the tenant’s renewal documentation.
Utilities – It is usually the case that the tenant is responsible for all the utilities supplied to the property i.e. electricity, gas, water and telephone.
Council Tax – The tenant is responsible for this charge and for registering with the relevant local authority.
Service Charge – For leasehold properties, the landlord remains responsible for the payment of the service charge. Some properties have communal heating and/or hot water systems, which are paid for by the service charge.
Inventory – It is usual for an inventory check to be carried out at the start (“check-in”) and at the end (“check-out”) of every tenancy, by a professional and independent inventory company, on behalf of both the landlord and the tenant.The inventory is to provide a basis for any claim to be made for cleaning, missing items, breakages or unreasonable damage, which may occur during a tenancy. It also helps to protect a tenant from any unreasonable claims by the landlord. Typically, the landlord pays for the check-in and the tenant pays for the check-out.
If you choose to apply for a rented property through ARK Homes London in addition to the rent, prior to the commencement of the tenancy you will be required to pay the following:
- Tenancy Agreement Fee: 2 Weeks of the Rent.
- Referencing Fee: £75 per person applying for the tenancy and for each Guarantor who may be required.
- Renewal of Tenancy Fee: If you decide to renew your tenancy agreement after the initial term, there will be a further charge of £150 for the preparation of the tenant’s renewal documentation.
- Security Deposit: All rental properties require a deposit to be taken and held as security throughout the term of the tenancy. It is registered and protected under the Tenant’s Deposit Scheme and returned to you after the end of the tenancy, less any agreed deductions. Your deposit is usually equivalent to one month rent.
- You will also need to pay for the inventory check-in/out (depending on what is agreed) and the cost of this will depend on the size of the property. At the end of the tenancy, you will also be responsible for paying for a professional cleaning.
- Please speak to our member of staff should you require further information on these charges.
Rent is payable in advance, on monthly basis.
When you apply for a tenancy of a property, you will be required to make a Payment of Intent which is usually the equivalent to one week rent. This Payment of Intent will be offset against the total of initial monies required before the commencement of tenancy.
We are not a member of Client Money Protection scheme (In the process of joining)
We will register your deposit with “Deposit Protection Services” Certificate will be provided.
Accreditation & Registered with: